welcome to maxwells restaurant galway
Maxwells is Galway’s oldest and longest serving restaurant. Built in 1866 it was originally a Whiskey, Fine Wine and Tobacco Importers as well as a Restaurant and owes its name to the original proprietors John F McNamara and his wife Elizabeth Maxwell.
Generations later its still a family run Restaurant now owned by the O’ Meara Family. Maxwells is located in the heart of Galway’s historic City Centre, adjacent to Eyre Square on the corner of Williamsgate and Eglinton Streets.
At Maxwells we believe in the old adage that variety is the spice of life and our menus offer something for everyone, young and old. Visitors from abroad will love the Fresh Fish from Galway Bay. Friends and Families can choose from a comprehensive menu of Steaks, Salads, Homemade Burgers, Pasta Dishes and Stir-fry’s all at great value.
We use only the freshest and top quality ingredients and all our meals are prepared to order by our team of experienced and dedicated chefs. Expect great food, a casual ambiance and true hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you.
Paul O’ Meara